rebelgarden

"You ain't no rebel at all unless you rebel against the Devil." - Bob Dylan

Friday, February 18, 2005

Spam and Waffles Supper

The greatest supper ever! At least that's what George Burns and Gracie Allen say. ;^) I forget where I found this, but read through the text in the ad posted above, it's classic.

"Supper ready? Pretty swell..."
"Spam 'n' waffles Ring the bell!"

I was inspired to post this by Karen's recipe for Spam Pie via the latest Carnival of the Recipes.
I'll have to admit I can't even remember the last time I had spam. Likely it's going on 40 years...

Update: Chris Biang says they used to make Spam somewhere in northwest Iowa. We'll have to track that down - I think I've got the scent of a hog confinement operation...

1 Comments:

At February 18, 2005 at 2:40 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Well, I figured that recipe might inspire...certain, uh, feelings..but never expected it to inspire such as THIS!
Wow! Has the advertising biz come a long way, or what?!


Thanks, Jeff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home